Monday, August 11, 2014

Kyle Jones (high school ministry volunteer)

I'm a language arts and technology teacher by day, and a complete music and cinema nerd by night (or all the time really). I've worked with our high school students for nearly seven years now. Wow! I've loved every moment; God has given me a big heart for teenagers, which is why I volunteer and teach. I'm married to the beautiful and impeccable Dale Jones who is also a high school leader. I have a cool little dog named Divot. (He's a cockapoo, but don't say that to his face; he gets upset.) I'm currently working on a doctorate degree in English education, and much like our ministry proclaims, I believe Jesus is the best thing that ever happened! Alright, quick stats--Favorite Books: Ender's Game, The Reason for God, Child of God, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies... Favorite Movies: The Goonies, Vertigo, Cool Hand Luke, The Neverending Story, Django Unchained, Dumb & Dumber, It's a Wonderful Life (I could go on forever probably)... Favorite Bands: Thrice, Emery, Echosmith, Imagine Dragons, Incubus, Mumford & Sons, Van Halen, and I love some Billy Joel. I'll finish by explaining that the most important experience and trait I think we can give any of our children is to empathize. Jesus is the greatest example we've ever had of what true empathy looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment