Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dale Jones (high school ministry volunteer)

I grew up just down the interstate in Sugar Hill, GA.  I grew up being involved in various youth groups but really started to embrace my own faith when I got involved with Young Life in high school.  I transitioned within about six months from a visitor to a student leader, it challenged and excited me in ways I had not experienced in my faith before.  I met my husband Kyle in high school and was unbelievably surprised and delighted to find him as early in life as I did.  We got married in 2008 and have an adorable little dog that we spoil like crazy, his name is Divot.  Kyle and I have been volunteering with the high school ministry here at the Bridge for six and a half years now and it’s been an amazing journey.  I’m so thankful that we’ve been able to serve together.  We’ve been through 2 date/time changes and 3 pastor changes and 1 name change so call us crazy or committed or both.  I truly see God at work in the students here and spending time with them in our high school service is one of my favorite parts of the week.  Jesus is the best thing that has ever happened in my life and I want to do anything I can to help students explore their own faith and build their own relationship with their Savior. 

I am an IT Manager for T-Mobile so while I spend a lot time on conference calls and being in a cubicle I get to help deploy game changing projects to production which can be really exciting.  I also love being able to mentor and grow the members of my team. I am a total nerd for things wireless related and I love being part of such an exciting and dynamic industry.  My hobbies outside of work include dancing, photography, listening to music, reading, crafting, and blogging.  I grew up dancing and was blessed to get to be a Georgette (member of the football dance line) while I attended the University of Georgia.  Go dawgs!!! 

My favorite bands are Imagine Dragons, City and Colour, Emery, Linkin Park, Echosmith, No Doubt, Paramore, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.  I’m not a movie buff like my husband but if you ever need a book recommendation I’ve got your back!  



No comments:

Post a Comment